East of 8th Music Blog is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. This statement explains how East of 8th Music Blog utilizes the personally identifiable information you provide online throughout the eastof8th.com website. (the “Website”).
1. What Information We Use and How We Use It: We use personal identifiable information (Personal Information) that is collected through eastof8th.com so that we have a way to communicate with you regarding East of 8th Music Blog’s to present the content on Eastof8th.com. The types of personal information collected on these pages may include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, standard contact information, information about your web browser, IP address (the Internet address of a computer), time zone, purchase history and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses this website. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site and information about how you interact with the site. The information is used to better understand your needs and provide you with better products and service; it may in the future be used to ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events and to provide you with targeted advertising, promotions, special offers and our products and services. East of 8th Music Blog does not sell or rent your submitted information to third parties for marketing purposes. You also may provide additional information to us when you conduct a search on this site, complete a questionnaire or an entry form for contests, and participate in forums and chat rooms or other community features.
You can opt out of targeted advertising through the links listed below:
or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/
This automatically-collected information is referred to as “Device Information.” We collect Device Information using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags and pixels. We use this device information to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address) and more generally to improve and optimize our site and to assess the success of marketing and advertising campaigns.
2. Who We Share Information With: We do not use your information for purposes incompatible with those listed herein. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personally identifiable information you provide on Eastof8th.com with other entities who are acting on our behalf for the uses described in this policy. Such entities shall not be allowed to retain any such information beyond its use as permitted by East of 8th Music Blog.
3. Materials from Us: Your personally identifiable information provided through Eastof8th.com will not be used or shared by us in ways unrelated to the ones described herein. If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com. Additionally, if you are a European resident, note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the site) or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests described above. Also, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the U.S.
4. Third Parties: Third-party Internet Web sites and services accessible through this Website have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of us. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information through the transmission process, and any transmission by you of information is done at your own risk.
6. Disputes: If there is any dispute about or involving the Eastof8th.com Website, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of Tennessee, City of Nashville. If an action is brought to enforce the terms of this Agreement, then the prevailing party in that action shall be entitled to recover its costs and attorneys’ fees in that action.
If you have any question, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file (often including a unique identifier), that is sent to a user’s browser from a website’s computers and stored on a user’s computer’s hard drive or on a tablet or mobile device (collectively, “Computer”). A Cookie stores a small amount of data on your Computer about your visit to the Site.
We may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies on our Site to enable us to know whether you have visited a web page or received a message. A web beacon is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a web page or in an email or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote website on the internet enabling the verification of an individual’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message. A web beacon helps us to understand whether you came to our website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, measure successes of email marketing campaigns and improve our website performance. They may also enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a web page or message to other information about you, including your personal information. In many instances, web beacons rely on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
We place and access Cookies on your Computer; these Cookies are known as “first-party Cookies.” Cookies may also be placed and accessed by some of our third-party vendors, which are known as “third-party Cookies” and are described below. Some Cookies are “session Cookies,” which means that they are temporary Cookies that are only stored on your device while you are visiting our Site. Other Cookies are “persistent Cookies,” which means that they are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our Site.
You can choose whether to accept Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you disable this function (or keep this function disabled, as set by default by certain browsers), your experience on the Site may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
Below we list the different types of Cookies that are used on the Site that you are visiting.
Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies enable you to navigate the Site and to use its services and features. Without these necessary Cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features.
Social Media Cookies. Social media Cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content you find interesting on our Site through third-party social networking and other websites. These Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
Analytics Cookies. Analytics Cookies collect information about your use of the Site, and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, Analytics Cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Site, help us record any difficulties you have with the Site, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. Analytics Cookies allow us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, rather than the usage of a single person. We use information from Analytics Cookies to analyze the Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information.
Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are set to display targeted promotions or advertisements based upon your interests on the Site or to manage our advertising. These Cookies collect information about your activities on this Site and other websites to provide you targeted advertising.
HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES?
You may refuse or accept Cookies from the Site or any other website at any time by activating settings on your browser. Most browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline Cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our Site that depend on Cookies. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable Cookies can be found on the website for your browser.
Please be aware that if Cookies are disabled, not all features of the Site may operate as intended.
Some of the network advertisers, ad agencies and other vendors we work with to serve ads on our Site, third-party websites and across the internet, or analytics providers that provide us with information regarding the use of the Site and effectiveness of ads. To opt out of Google Analytics follow the instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout Please note opting out through these mechanisms does not mean you will no longer be served advertising. You will still receive other types of online advertising from participating companies and any type of advertising from non-participating companies, and the web sites you visit may still collect information for other purposes.